Well you’ve heard all about it, but are you ready for Windows 10?
That depends on a few things, but time is running out to
save between $150-$250! (UPDATE JULY 30: Sorry, the Microsoft offer has now expired so you will have to pay for a copy of Windows 10 if you haven’t already upgraded). Let us explain:
- Microsoft is allowing people who have the following Operating Systems on their computers to get an upgrade copy for free:
- Windows 7 Starter, Windows 7 Home Basic and Windows 7 Home Premium systems get a copy of Windows 10 Home for free
- Windows 7 Professional and Windows 7 Ultimate systems get a copy of Windows 10 Pro for free
This offer expires on July 29th, 2016(UPDATE JULY 30: The offer has now expired). After that, you will have to pay $150 for Windows 10 Home and $250 for Windows 10 Pro
easyTechCare offers a Windows 10 Upgrade service that includes a Windows 10 Remote Diagnostic to check and see if your hardware and applications can support Windows 10 plus we’ll then upgrade your system for you and apply all the important settings and patches that you’ll need. This $139.95 service gives you the peace of mind that your upgrade was done properly, but if you do not perform the upgrade by July 29th, 2016 you will have to pay for your copy of Windows on top of the service (UPDATE JULY 30: The offer has now expired and you will have to pay for your copy of Windows).
So … that begs the question, do I need to upgrade to Windows 10?
Let’s see if we can help you make up your mind:
- One thing to keep in mind is that while Microsoft will continue to issue security updates for Windows 7 until 2020, over the next few years hardware manufacturers (printers, scanners, media players, cameras, miscellaneous accessories, etc) will stop making their devices and software compatible with Windows 7.
- If you are planning on buying a computer in the next few years, it will come with Windows 10 so no need to upgrade right now if you don’t want to.
- If your computer can’t support Windows 10, then it’s probably time to buy a new computer anyway since most computers built over the last 5 years can run Windows 10.
Long and short of it is, if it makes sense to upgrade your computer to Windows 10 over the next couple of years, do it now and
save money. (UPDATE JULY 30: Sorry, the Microsoft offer has now expired so you will have to pay for a copy of Windows 10 if you haven’t already upgraded)
Give us a call at 416-987-3279 and we’ll help you get there whatever your I.T. needs are!